How to Get Started?|
Complete the form below and a fundraising specialist will assit with questions and order processing.
10 Fun Chocolate Facts
- People spend more than $7 billion dollars a year on chocolate.
- It is a known fact that chocolate has caffeine in it. But did you know that you would have to eat more then a dozen chocolate bars to get the same amount of caffeine from a cup of coffee? There are about 5 to 10 mg's of caffeine in one ounce of bitter chocolate, 5 mgs in milk chocolate, and 10mgs in a six-ounce cup of cocoa.
- Chocolate is actually a valuable energy source. A single chocolate chip can provide enough energy for an adult human to walk 150 ft.
- Chocolate has great health benefits. It helps with depression, high blood pressure, Tumors and Pre-menstrual syndromes.
- Chocolate does not cause or aggravate acne, this is a myth.
- One ounce of baking chocolate or cocoa contains 10% of the daily recommended intake of iron.
- Chocolate can be deadly for dogs. Chocolate contains an ingredient called "Theobromine" which can be toxic to a dogs central nervous system and cardiac muscles.
- The per capita consumption of chocolate indicates that each person consumes 12 pounds of chocolate each year.
- Milk Chocolate is the most preferred type of chocolate, however dark chocolate is especially popular among men.
- In Alfred Hitchcock's movie "Psycho" chocolate syrup was used to indicate blood in the famous shower scene.